Monday, March 22, 2010

What's in a Name?

Being the left-brained person that I am, the thought of coming up with a name for my new business was very intimidating. We all know the power of names and brands so I knew it was really important to get this right. Therefore I turned to the best, most creative, right-brained person I know. Jester Levity didn't let me down!

Jester, being the smart AND creative person she is, recommended we start with synonyms of a word like "embarking" since I was embarking on a journey. From that list she identified "venture" and we threw "franchise consulting" on the end. Just like you do with baby names, you have to check the initials to make sure nothing weird is going on! "VFC" sounded safe enough.

The next brilliant step was to Google "Venture Franchise Consulting" to see if there was another company using that name. Luck! No issues with that name being taken. Then Jester offered to do some numerology for me. Not really sure what that meant, but as it turns out, it was an unnecessary step.

At the end of the conversation Jester says, "I also LOOOVE Meta Franchise Solutions/ Meta Franchise Consulting." Hmmmm...I've heard of the word "meta" but I don't really know what it means. A quick wikipedia search tells me that meta means, among other things, "about (its own category)". Metadata, a term I know from database work, is data about data. Then I saw a posting for Meta-advertising which means an ad about an ad. Hmmmm...so Meta-Franchise would be a franchise about franchising! Could anything be more perfect?

http://www.metafranchiseconsulting.com/
http://www.utilityplayerscomedy.com/
http://homesliceproductions.com/Homeslice_Productions.html

No comments:

Post a Comment