Thursday, October 14, 2010

Lessons from Experienced Entrepreneurs

I recently posted a question on LinkedIn that asked, "What's the one thing you know now that you wish you knew when you started your business." There were several good answers, but my favorite came from Rob Pene, President and CEO of Mission Driven Brand. He said "To create a consistent platform for sharing my thoughts and "advice" information...regardless if no one reads it to start off with...Everyone's got to start from scratch, and having YOUR OWN platform to share YOUR ideas will build YOU as a brand." I love this and want to continue to put this advice into practice with this blog.

Here are some other great answers by experienced entrepreneurs:
Manish Kumar Aggarwal said, "How to reach my potential customer."

Dave Maskin said, "I wish I realized that my talents could be used at trade shows 25 years ago..."

Martha Retallick said, "How to sell!"

Marko Lauhiala said, "That nobody can afford to be a YES man/woman all the time, learn to say NO to things that don't feel 100% right."

Elswine Rietvel said, "All the functions and possibilities on linkedin."

Marvin Russell said, "Sales don't always equal profits. In fact, 20% of your sales are profitable, the other 80% are just headaches."

No comments:

Post a Comment